While smart snacking can work wonders on your waistline, it can also be challenging to find options that keep the sugar and fat low, and protein and fiber high. Here are seven delicious snack ideas that will help keep you full and lean.
- Squash Chips: These chips are both sweet and salty and can help satisfy a craving for chips or crunchy foods. This squash chip recipe is waistline friendly and only includes a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Cauliflower Popcorn: Movie theater popcorn is typically high in calories, sodium, and fat. Instead try cauliflower popcorn, which tastes great and is great for you.
- Tofu: Tofu is a great source of protein and fiber. Even if you’re not a vegetarian or vegan, tofu is a great option either as a main course or snack.
- Edamame: Edamame, or soybeans, can be served hot or cold and make a great appetizer or snack.
- Fiesta Corn and Black Bean Salad: The combination of black beans, avocados, and other fresh produce in this salad create a delicious, yet nutrition packed snack.
- Tomato and Cucumber Salad: This simple, light salad is made of veggies that are high in water content, meaning they can help you feel full faster.
- Hummus: Made of chickpeas, humus is a popular Mediterranean snack that’s rich in protein and iron, and pairs perfectly with your favorite veggies.
Learning the types of foods that can hurt or help your weight loss efforts is critical to your success. With the ReShape® gastric balloon program, you not only receive all the benefits of the gastric balloon, but you’ll also have the help of a personalized lifestyle coach who will guide you through your weight loss journey. To help keep you on track and motivated, you’ll also receive a comprehensive patient guide and access to the exclusive ReShape Patient Portal. If you’re ready to get started with the ReShape gastric balloon, find a physician in your area today.